Re: [BKARTS] sewing frame - Planetary Collage sewing frame

Why, yes, I can offer an view of Tim Ely's Planetary Collage sewing frame.
I can even up the endorsement. Set up is VERY easy, adjustment equally so,
there is a sliding "square gauge" which helps keep the textblock square, a
think to hold your signatures open, and a mirror to see where your needle
is. There is a link from the top of the "Suppliers" page at
<http://www.philobiblon.com> and a direct link at
<http://www.philobiblon.com/probono.htm#ely>. Forget what I paid for mine,
but it's not cheap. It is the best looking piece of binding equipment I
have, and yes, form follows function too. Would I buy it again, absolutely,
but then I've always bought the best equipment I couldn't afford.

Peter

It is a pleasure to encourage you to consider Tim Ely's sewing frame. It is
very simple to use and is superior (in my mind) to the wood with keys
version. Of course, since it is not wood, this may be a negative. But it is
lighter to carry and wonderful to use. Perhaps Peter can offer a site where
it can be seen?

Good luck, A.

Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator