Re: [BKARTS] Text software

I design books (not artist books), most of which have illustrations.
(Often I *am* the illustrator, which makes things easier for me as the
designer!) After years of trial and error, I can wholeheartedly recommend
either Quark Xpress or Adobe InDesign. The main problem with using
InDesign is that not as many commercial printers can work from InDesign
files. But if you are doing your own books, that's not an issue. I do not
find Pagemaker to be a very well-designed program. Good luck!

Meghan Merker