Re: [BKARTS] Text software

I use InDesign software for projects other than books (flyers,
newsletters, etc.) and have really enjoyed using it. I also have used
Quark doing production work for an ad agency. I prefer InDesign to
Quark....I find it easier to use and more robust. It may not be a
fact, but it seems to me that InDesign can do more than Quark. (Don't
quote me on that, it's just a feeling.) It is also more compatible
with Photoshop and Illustrator. It makes PDFs in a jif. Pagemaker, in
my opinion, is InDesign "lite" and I think you would feel hampered by
its limited leading and kerning capabilities.

Alas, not all service providers can accept  InDesign files, but it
might be worth the effort to find providers that do.

I want to add text to the books I make, so I'm looking around at text
software, like Pagemaker. Can some of you who use this sort of software
weigh in here and tell me what you like and don't like about the
software you use, what you recommend, etc.? TIA! (I apologize for any
cross-posting)

--
Diana Britt

Julie Sullivan