[BKARTS] woodblock wood

I have recently returned to woodblock printing after a long absence due to
injury. I'm working on some blocks from McClain's called "Shina." It's a
5-ply plywood and I really don't like it.

My pieces are quite finely detailed, and I prefer a fluid line. I'm having a
hard time with this wood.

I used to prefer cherry, but the expense and the hardness are ruling that
out right now.

Does anyone on the list have other suggestions on decent wood that hopefully
would not be so hard that it aggravates a wrist/shoulder injury?

Thanks so much,
Robyn
--
Robyn Beth Priestley