Re: [BKARTS] Bogus Message?

Mark et al,

That would be a good approach if computer virii didn't spread unless you
open an attachment. However, they do. It would also be a good approach
if incoming e-mail would be the largest source of infection. It is not.

A virus can be embedded in a JavaScript in a HTML message in an incoming
message. That means the code is executed as soon as you open the
message. Though these types of virii are no common, they do exist.
Regarding how virii spread, largers sources of infection than incoming
e-mail include floppy disks, CD-ROMs, downloading files from the
Internet etc.

I would recommend everyone to invest in an anti-virus program from a
respected company. Few people drive their cars without using the seat
belt. This is basically the same thing.

All the best,
Mats Broberg

Stockholm - Sweden