[BKARTS] No Subject

Upcoming workshops with Barbara Harman

Creating Pattern: Combinations in Painting, August 11-12
Why just use a brush? Expand your acrylic painting possibilities to include
printing and collage. We will experiment with acrylic and paste solutions,
vegetable printing, stamping from blocks we cut ourselves, collage, roller prints,
transfers, stencils and anything else we can think up. Choosing and combining
techniques to create layered patterns, we will create papers suitable for use
in handmade books, as finished paintings, or as unique references for further
experimentation and future painting. Contact Peninsula Art School for costs
and enrollment information. www.peninsulaartschool.com

Exposed Stitch Binding, August 13-15
We will create three exposed-stitch books, one for each day of class. First,
hard covers enclose beautiful paper suitable for journal writing or drawing in
a simple, one-needle coptic binding. Second, a small hard-cover album is
personalized with your painted concertina spine and end sheets. Window openings in
each page stand ready to reveal your photos, poems, drawings or watercolors.
Finally, a book you create from one full sheet of Arches Cover, painted on
both sides. Built on an expandable concertaina (accordion) spine, this artist
book seduces from the first page to the last, from its decorative spine to its
multi-layered interior. These three books will encourage your creative
experimentation in sewing, collage, cutting, tearing, weaving and manipulation. Contact
Peninsula Art School, www.peninsulaartschool.com, for registration.

Barbara  is also offering art workshops in her home studio. Enrollment is
limited to four students (so lots of individual attention). Upcoming workshops
are scheduled for August 30-31 (Monotype) and October 18-19 (Unbinding the Book:
The Boundless Concertina). For further information, please contact Barbara at
612-822-5257 or email me at gotopaperworks@xxxxxxxx Complete descriptions of
both workshops can be found on the Workshop pages of Harman’s website:
www.gotopaperworks.com.