[BKARTS] Indesign Vs Pagemaker

I have seen much over the choice of indesign over quark press. I am working
with someone who is very attached to pagemaker and I am trying to learn it.
However My quick look at inDesign leads me to be believe it is much more
intuitive but that could be that I am very comfortable in photoshop and its
menu system is similar. I am trying to convince my friend to abandon OS9 and
Pagemaker and move on to OSX and Indesign but I keep hearing that it isn't
broke so dont fix it. I need good reasons to get him to switch....Any Help?
Alex