Subject: Barcoding

From: Erich Kesse <erikess>
Date: Tuesday, June 19, 1990
Regarding the barcoding:  In the Preservation Department we reproduce
the bar codes that are destroyed during the course of conservation
treatment or library binding.  We use off-the-shelf software, an Epson
FX-850 printer, and University Products Perma-Seal labels, with
excellent results.  The labels could be applied to flags cut from
cover-weight paper, and inserted into volumes having artifactual value.
(Here we have not yet barcoded special collections.)

Erich J. Kesse
Preservation Office
University of Florida Libraries
Fax: 904-392-7251