Subject: Photocopiers

Photocopiers

From: Richard Frieder <frieder>
Date: Thursday, December 27, 1990
Northwestern has recently switched over entirely to 'book-friendly'
photocopiers.  In theory, this should result in a reduced need for book
repair.  First question:  do you agree with the theory?  Second:  if so,
how can this reduction in need be measured, i.e., how can we estimate
the quantity of material that is no longer being damaged because we have
book-friendly machines?

Richard Frieder--Northwestern University Library

                                  ***
                  Conservation DistList Instance 4:35
                 Distributed: Friday, December 28, 1990
                        Message Id: cdl-4-35-003