Volume 12, Number 5
- Nancy Heugh, who recently became a fellow of the AIC, was
married to Tom Edmondson on May 7.
- Evelyn Frangakis will be enrolling in the Preservation
Administrator Program at Columbia University in September, full
- Veronica (Ronnie) Cunningham is leaving her position as Director
of Microfilming and Photoduplication Services at NEDCC, and will
also be a full-time student in the Preservation Administrator
Program at Columbia University in the fall.
- Susan Barger is now an associate research professor in Materials
Science and Engineering at the Johns Hopkins University School of
- Margaret Lecky, who has taught hundreds of bookbinding students
in her classes at UCLA, and was a founding member of the Western
Association for Art Conservation, the Southern California Designer
Craftsmen, and Hand Bookbinders of California, died on April 21,
1988. [From the May WAAC Newsletter]
- Jan Paris has accepted the position of Conservator for Special
Collections at the Wilson Library, University of North Carolina at
Chapel Hill. Her telephone number is 919/962-1143.
- Karen Garlick has accepted the position of Senior Conservator at
the National Archives and Records Administration in Washington, DC.
- Pamela Barrios has received the first award made by the Carolyn
Horton Fund, administered by the FAIC. It was $245 toward her
expenses for the AIC meeting in New Orleans.
- Richard-Gabriel Rummonds resigned on May 26 as director of the
Institute for the Book Arts and of the M.F.A. in the Book Arts
Program in the Graduate School of Library Service at the University
of Alabama. He will return full time to his personal press Ex
Ophidia, successor to the Plain Wrapper Press (P0 Box 27,
Cottondale, AL 35453, 205/556-2968).
- Henry Pelham Burn has written a murder mystery, White is
the Color of Death, under the pen name of J. N. Catanach. For
information write The Countryman Press, Maxham Meadow, P.O. Box 175,
Woodstock, VT 05091-0175. (It is described as a "Foul Play Press
- Glen Ruzicka left Johns Hopkins at the end of June and will
begin a new job as Chief Conservator at the Conservation Center for
Art and Historic Artifacts in Philadelphia.
- Peter Verheyen has recently moved to Chicago to take a job as
Assistant Conservator at the Monastery Hill Bindery, where he will
be working under the supervision of rare book conservator Heinke
Pensky-Adam. His new telephone number is 312/328-4048.
- At the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts, Archives and
- Bruce Shaw is the new Director of the division of Archives and
- Chris Mathias is now the Head of Conservation.
- Rhonda Massie is a Conservator with the same institution.
all CoOL documents]
Timestamp: Sunday, 03-Mar-2013 21:35:57 PST
Retrieved: Wednesday, 21-Mar-2018 15:05:06 GMT