Volume 15, Number 7
- George M. Cunha will be visiting St. Petersburg (Leningrad) and
Moscow from December 5 to January 20, to present a series of
lectures on the conservation of library and archival materials. The
first lectures will be at the Saltykov Shchedrin State Public
Library, Dec. 9-14. His way is being paid by the Renaissance
Foundation of St. Petersburg.
- Josef Hanus, Head of Conservation and Research at the Slovak
National Archives in Bratislava, Czechoslovakia, paid a working
visit to the Conservation Treatment Division of the National
Archives of Canada for three months, June-September
- Mary-Lou Florian retired at the end of September. She had been
head of conservation at the Royal British Columbia
- Linda Stiber has joined the Library of Congress Conservation
Office staff as paper conservator.
- Amparo Tortes is the new Assistant to the Conservation Officer
at the LC Conservation Office.
- Julius Grant, forensic scientist and paper specialist, died in
London July 5, at the age of 89 (not 94, as one might believe from a
mistaken report of his age in the AN July issue, p. 70).
- Peter Mustardo went back into private practice in photograph
conservation with Nora Kennedy, October 4.
- Debra McKern went to Egypt on a six-month fellowship in October,
as part of the ALA Library Book Fellows Program, jointly sponsored
by the U.S. Information Agency (USIA). She will be conducting a
preservation needs assessment for the National Library of
- Leonard Schlosser, bibliophile, paper historian and former
chairman and CEO of Lindenmeyr Paper Corp., died June 25at the age
of 66, of lung cancer.
- Mary Lynn Ritzenthaler was named a Fellow of the Society of
American Archivists at this year's SAA meeting, for her outstanding
contribution to the archival profession. This is the highest
individual honor bestowed by the Society.
- Jane Pairo, Manager of SOLINET's Preservation Program, died
October 5 in Philadelphia. She had been hospitalized there while
attending the Society of American Archivists conference.
- John Boral and Jean Oppedisano have started a new marketing and
advertising agency for the library and archival marketplaces. It is
called Business 2 Business Direct, and the address is 241 East Main
St., Suite 161, PO Box 1633, Westfield, MA 01085 (phone or fax:
- Carol Sue Whitehouse has taken the position of Administrative
Conservator at the Newberry Library, 60 W. Walton St., Chicago, IL
60610. Her new E-Mail address is:
all CoOL documents]
Timestamp: Sunday, 03-Mar-2013 21:37:23 PST
Retrieved: Tuesday, 16-Jan-2018 09:41:20 GMT