Volume 16, Number 4
- Susan Herion moved last spring from Germany to Switzerland,
to take a position as Head of the Preservation Department of the
Swiss National Library, Hallwylstrasse 15, 3003 Bern, Switzerland.
She formerly worked as conservator and teacher at the Bavarian
National Library in Munich. Her new address is Breitenrainplatz
36, 3014 Bern.
- Paul Banks received an honorary membership in AIC at the Annual
Meeting in Buffalo.
- Nancy Nitzberg opened a new book conservation facility on
June 1, BOOK-CARE, located 30 minutes from center city Philadelphia,
at 101 Washington Lane, Suite 116-A, Jenkintown, PA 19046 (215/886-3460).
- Paul Conway is the new head of the Preservation Department
at Yale University. He started work there June 1.
- John Hyltoft, Head of Conservation at the Smithsonian Institution
Libraries for nearly 16 years, retired July 1 and looks forward
to doing artistic binding and making paste and marbled papers
once more. He will also be available for workshops and consultation;
he can be reached at 703/7915770.
- Dianne Stalker has been appointed Preservation Librarian at
SUNY at Stony Brook.
- Randy Silverman did not take the position at the Huntington
Library after all, but will remain at Brigham Young University
Library as Preservation Librarian.
- Karen Garlick became head of the paper conservation lab at
the Museum of American History in Washington, DC, June 1.
- Janice Stagnitto began work as a book conservator at Smithsonian
Institution Libraries on July 1.
- Julie Arnott has been named Preservation Education Officer
at SOLINET, where she will design and conduct workshops, provide
consulting services, and provide reference and referral services.
all CoOL documents]
Timestamp: Sunday, 03-Mar-2013 21:37:34 PST
Retrieved: Saturday, 21-Apr-2018 09:46:11 GMT